There are many options in the area for a DWI lawyer, in St. Louis, St. Charles and surrounding counties. Chassaniol & Marty represents clients charged with all levels of alcohol related offenses from minors in possession, to first time driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI), to vehicular assault. Our firm includes a former prosecutor and municipal judge. We know the law and are ready to defend you, no matter how many challenges your case has, or how helpless you might feel. A thorough review of the evidence might show that the government’s case might not be as strong as it seems.
Alcohol related offenses have two areas that require immediate attention:
– The criminal side—the actual DWI charge
– The civil side—the civil action by the Department of Revenue trying to suspend
or revoke your privilege to drive
Time is important, and immediate legal advice is needed. Legal actions need to take place within days, sometimes before you are even aware of a court date. The experienced legal team at CM Attorneys can help you navigate these issues, and get you through this difficult situation. Don’t hesitate to call for a consultation at 636-486-4861!
Alcohol related charges carry serious consequences for licensed drivers:
Multiple offenses quickly lead to enhanced penalties. After being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI), you could face:
– A fine up to $500
– Up to 6 months in jail on a first offense
– A driver’s license suspension of 1 year depending on if you submitted to a chemical breath test.
– Increased insurance rate or forced to obtain high risk SR-22 insurance
– Attend SATOP (Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program)
– Equip your vehicle with an ignition interlock device
– If convicted for a 3rd driving while intoxicated (DWI), a potential felony
A third alcohol conviction over a lifetime will likely lead to a felony conviction, and such penalties can affect family life and employment. Commercial driver’s license holders can
immediately lose their license for a year, even if they were not driving a commercial vehicle. Travel to other states and countries can be limited.
St. Charles DWI Lawyers Serving the Greater St. Louis MO Area – Call Today!
Don’t risk the consequences of a DWI or DUI charge. Schedule a consultation with the experienced attorneys at Chassaniol & Marty to put our nearly 60 years of experience to work defending you. Call 636-486-4861 today.